Claudine Francis Pickering, ON, Canada
The starting point of all achievement is a burning desire for something definite. The goal that we want to achieve must be definite. You must be willing to place all your energy, power and efforts in achieving your goal. To the point it becomes an obsession. You must also have a definite plan in place on how to achieve that goal. There are six practical steps to achieve any definite goal:
- Fix in your mind exactly what it is you want to accomplish being as specific as possible and quantifying where possible. I.e if its money
- Determine what you will be willing to give in return to achieve this goal
- Establish a definite date when you attend to achieve your goal
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your goal and start right away whether you think or believe that you are ready
- Write a clear and concise statement of your goal, along with the time frame to achieve it, what you plan to give in return to achieve it as well as outline your plan to achieve it
- Read your written statement aloud, twice a day, one in the morning after you wake up and in the night before going to bed.
By doing this last step, it will help solidify the goal in your mind and create the belief in yourself that you have already achieved the goal.
To be successful at these six steps you must be able to use your imagination to visualize the successful completion of the goal before it actually happens. All the successful men of old had colourful imaginations and were big dreamers. You will not be able to achieve it without the belief. If you do not have the belief it means that you are not ready for your goal. To have belief you must have an open mind. This will also inspire two other necessary qualities which is faith and courage. Burning desire backed by faith, courage and faith, realizes that the words impossible and failure does not exist.