Kay Young Superior, CO, US
Think and Grow Rich –Chapter 3 – Faith
Visualization of and belief in attainment of Desire
Self-Confidence is such a valued asset, which I and I expect many of us would like a greater portion. Hill has analyzed it to its depth in this chapter, giving us a process to gain more and capping it off with a great example of Charles Schwab’s rise in the steel industry.
Since Hill wrote this book, there have been many scholars, ministers and psychologists have had further studies and verified that what he surmised, is true. Faith has great power. Putting emotion into faith propels that power to a stronger degree. Thoughts in our minds DO make a difference in what comes to us. Negative brings negative and positive brings positive.
In fact, just a few days ago, I heard that Ralph Waldo Emerson taught his daughter to wake up every morning and with emotion tell herself that, “THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MIY LIFT.” Then she was to go and do it. Evidently, this was how he started his days.
So…I’ve tried it for the last 3 days. It really helps to defuse the negative, because, if a negative thought comes, how can it be accepted on the “best day of my life.” It is MUCH easier to push the negative aside. The difficulty for me is to apply that same faith is the pursuit of money which is needed to move in the direction I wish to go in life.
Curiously, I have also always had faith in my prayers and truly trusted that things I needed would come....and they have. . Because of this, I am not sure why I have had less faith in the belief that I couild have the same confidence in my ability to have faith that I could earn money.
Therefore, I've decided to go back to the Self-Confidence Formula in the lesson and seriously put it to work. I will:
- “Demand of myself persistent, continuous action toward” the attainment of my goal.
- “Concentrate my thoughts for 30 min daily upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to
- “Devote 10 minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of SELF-CONFIDENCE.”
- “Have clearly written down a description of my DEFINITE CHIEF AIM in life”
- AND “eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success.”
Again thanks to Michael and Linda Dlouhy for having us do this study over and over and over until it finally sinks in and helps us to spring into action.