Ethel Van Zanten Tucson,, Arizona, USA
Persistence is the necessary element that needs to be present to carry out the thirteen principles of success that Napoleon Hill says is necessary to have a successful life. “The basis of persistence is the Power of Will and is necessary when transmuting Desire into its monetary equivalent.
When facing opposition persistence is necessary because without it people get discouraged and QUIT. To test whether we are ready to apply persistence we must have persistence in applying the six steps described in the second chapter of “Think and Grow Rich.” The Six steps are as follows:
1. Definite Goal-backed by Desire
2. Definite Plan-backed by Desire
3. A mastermind group-to help with definite plans.
4. A burning Desire accomplished by positive self-talk
5. Realizing that the Sub-Conscious mind is working all the time. It
works on negative AND positive thoughts
6. Repeat upon rising and before going to sleep at night the definite plan to
achieve your definite purpose in life.
There are thirteen principles that Mr. Hill has given us to become successful in attaining a money consciousness but without persistence we will still not achieve our goals. We must accept failure as temporary or as Mr. Hill has said:
EVERY FAILURE BRINGS WITH IT THE SEED OF AN EQUIVALENT ADVANTAGE
Persistence has to become a HABIT.
Ethel Van Zanten